Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Beginning

OK, so with the advice of fellow students and many professors, I'm starting a blog. Will they see it? Who knows. I'm thinking that this will give me a chance to talk and start some discussions. This is going to be a pretty broad blog, consisting of my own life experiences, journalism, politics, health, sports... to name a few. To give a little info on myself if anyone was wondering, I'm Cheryl, a 22-year-old fifth year journalism major at the University of South Carolina. I'm going to be starting nursing school next fall. Yes, after I get my B.A. in Journalism, I'm going to move on to something I think is more of my calling... and that's nursing. So, I will definitely be posting a lot on health issues on here. Journalism is still something I respect and love, but it is not something I think I would do my best at. Nursing is something I think will be both challenging and emotionally rewarding. It also pays better (hehe).

I'll be in senior semester at my school next year, which is a grueling (from what I've heard) semester working for the School of Journalism's newspaper The Carolina Reporter. Each couple of weeks each person will hold a different position in the newsroom, and I hear rumors that my senior semester class will be the first in the print field to even have some broadcasting involved. I'm sure I'll be writing a lot on that subject as well, as I go through the day to day of what it feels like to be a real journalist.

I'm also new to blogging. I'm used to old fashioned journaling, but this is different, so I will do my best to see what I can talk about! Wish me luck!

No comments: